March 30 -31, 2013
All events are open to the public. Spring in the mountains of western North Carolina brings a burst of color, with wildflowers evidencing rebirth and renewal. Gather with family and friends at Lake Junaluska to celebrate Easter with a powerful sunrise service and other special Easter activities, including an Easter Egg hunt, an egg painting contest and other children's activities. These events are co-sponsored by Lake Junaluska, Ingles, Wal-Mart, and others. The Friends of the Lake 5K run will take participants on a route that showcases the beauty of the Lake Junaluska grounds.
Easter at Lake Junaluska 2013
Tentative Schedule of Events
Saturday, March 30
Friends of the Lake 5k, Family Walk, and Fun Run
- 5K Map
- 7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. - Registration / Check in
- 9:00 a.m. 5K Run begins
- 9:10 a.m. 5k Family Walk begins
- 10:00 a.m. Half mile Fun Run for Kids 10 and under begins
Egg Hunts, Decorating Contest, and Activities
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Egg Decorating and Activities for all ages in Harrell Center Auditorium, 1st floor
- 10:30 a.m. 1 - 3 Year Old Egg Hunt
- 10:45 a.m. 4-7 Year Old Egg Hunt
- 11:00 a.m. 8-12 Year Old Egg Hunt
- 11: 45 a.m. Egg Decorating Awards to be given in Harrell Center Auditorium, 1st floor
Sunday, March 31
- 7:00 a.m. Easter Sunrise Service, Moved to Memorial Chapel due to rain.
Rev. Rob Huckaby, Preacher
Music: Brass Quintet
- 7:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Easter Breakfast Buffet at Lambuth Inn
Tickets available at the front desk of the Lambuth on Sunday morning.
- 10:30 a.m. Long's Chapel UMC Easter Service, Stuart Auditorium
- 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Easter Lunch Buffet, Terrace Hotel
Tickets available online and at the Terrace Hotel Front Desk. Reservations may also be made by calling 828-454-6662.