Festival of Wisdom and Grace Workshops
- Ecology and Theology: The Study of Home. We will take a completely new look at the meaning of ecology and the moral implications of living and serving with ecological integrity. Workshop Leader: Rev Gary Lawson, Sr. – Eva, Tennessee. Lakeshore UM Camp and Retreat Ministry for 22 years; a Director on the National Camp and Retreat Committee (NCRC), serving on the Transition Team of United Methodist Camp and Retreat Ministries.
- Life's Little Recipe: Discovering the 5 Main Ingredients for Living Life. Each ingredient will be presented with Enthusiasm and Encouragement. Come prepared to think, move and be Engaged in what could be a life-Empowering experience! Workshop Leader: Rich DeLong. Executive Director for The Suites at Station Exchange in Richmond Hill, GA, a Premiere Georgia Living Management Community serving people in need of Assisted Living and Memory Care Services.
- Creating Image-Rich Worship Spaces. Jennifer combines her varied educational experience by creating unique, thematic worship spaces, altars, and multi-sensory prayer rooms. This workshop will include hands-on experience in creating image-rich worship spaces. Workshop Leader: Jennifer McSwain Martin. Director of Program Ministries at Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center
- Personalizing Personal Worship. We will explore and practice the ways to pray with the scripture. This workshop will foster our daily prayer experience. Workshop Leader: Miyoung Paik – Associate Pastor at Lexington UMC
- Golf Tournament. We plan to have a pick-up tournament on Tuesday morning. This will be just a fun time for those that play or bring your spouse if you don’t play. Please let us know if you plan on playing as we will need to get tee times. The cost for green fee and cart will be around $30.00. The Lake Junaluska Course is very beautiful and I know that we will have a good time.
- Boomertown: How the Church Catches the Silver Wave (of Boomers). This workshop will provide an overview of the Boomer Culture and the opportunities their retirement provides the church in claiming them as a part of the community of all believers. Topics to be covered include Boomer marketing and outreach, Boomer recreation and activities (including wellness, travel, service, hobbies), and Boomer lifestyle, including spiritual formation, social media, and learning. Workshop Leader: Rev. Dr. Will Randolph, Director, Center for Aging and Older Adult Ministries, GBOD.
- Mission Project. Participants are invited to bring school supplies for elementary students who cannot afford to provide their own. The workshop will include sorting and packaging supplies and learning more about the needs and challenges of children in our public schools and ways that we can help. List of Supplies.
- Older Adult Ministry Best Practices. Tuesday Only. Moderated round table discussions of best practices in older adult ministries; networking opportunities. Workshop Moderator: Susan McGuire, MR. Senior Care Coordinator, Susan McGuire, MR, Resources for Seniors, Inc., Raleigh, NC.
Jenny Turner, Registrar
Jennifer Martin, Director of Program Ministries