Festival of Wisdom and Grace Workshops
- Who Do You Think You Were? by Wade Barr, President, SEJAOA. We will discuss how you can begin your family tree as well as explore the various avenues now available to find those elusive family members and their histories. a great legacy to give your children and grandchildren!
- Favorite Hymns of the Generations by Dean McIntyre, Director of Music Resources, GBOD, The UMC. Explore the unique heart of music of each generation. Discover the favorite hymns of the different generation. Discover the favorite hymns of the different generations and how can we appreciate and respect those differences.
- Storyweaving as a Faith Journey by Karen McIntyre, elementary librarian, Nashville, TN. Many stories are woven into the shimmering fabric of God's presence in our lives. What thread do you carry? In this interactive worship you will explore your threads and learn to trust the deep significance of your own faith journey.
- Abdication is not an option! By Dr. Jack Ewing, Executive Director, Lake Junlauska. Retirement is not a Biblical concept, and Jesus's Great Commission leaves no room to wiggle out of our personal responsibility to reach every generation God puts in our path. Come explore your call!
- Sharing Our Faith with All Ages & Places: What Portions of Our Faith Really Inspire Younger Seekers by Dr. Gregory H. Waldrop, Sr. Pastor, Fountain Avenue UMC, Paducah, KY. Come and see how the Lord reveals himself to us and to younger generations.
- Golf Outing: Plan to join us for a fun time during our golf outing on Tuesday morning at the Lake Junaluska Goldf Course. Registration required to secure tee times. Cost for Green Fee/Cart is $30 extra, to be paid at the event.
- Bible Study: by Rachael Sumner, Associate Lay Leader for Reaching Next Generations, FL Annual Conference and preschool director at First UMC Titusville, FL. Every generation has something to contribute as we tell God's story. Let's explore together what the Bible says about our role and our responsibility in sharing the Gospel with other generations.
- Curtain Call-the Legacy You Leave Behind: by Rev. Dr. Williamn B. Randolph, Director, Center for Aging and Older Adult Ministries, GBOD. What will people remember about you when you're gone? This workshop focuses on telling your story through three instruments: Life Biography, Ethical Will, and Obituary. It is designed to help you assemble and preserve what is important about you.
Anna King, Registrar
LODGING AND MEAL QUESTIONS:
Jennifer Martin, Director of Program Ministries