the World With Road Scholar
Educational Travel Since 1975
Road Scholar, the not-for-profit leader in educational travel since 1975,
offers 5,500 educational tours in all 50 states and 150 countries. Alongside
local and renowned experts, experience in-depth and behind-the-scenes learning
opportunities, from cultural tours and study cruises to walking, biking and
Learn More About Road
Scholar. To register,
contact the National Road Scholar Office at 1-877-426-8056 or online at
For more information, e-mail email@example.com
or call 828-452-2881 ext 384, or (toll free) 1-800-482-1442, ext 384.
For a full program description, please visit roadscholar.org,
or select your program below.
3/17/13- Southern Mountain Musical Traditions, Cherokee of Yesterday and Today,
Edibles & Medicinals.
- 4/14/13- Folklore in Modern Society, Women in Film, The Declaration of
Independence and Its Signers.
5/5/13, 8/18/13, 9/8/13 - Great Smoky Mountains National Park: An American
- 5/19/2013 - Inside Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- 7/21/13 - Folkmoot USA: North Carolina's International Folk Festival
- 8/25/13- Blue Ridge Mountain Folklore, Jewish-Christian Dialogue, and Raoul
- 9/29/13 - Mark Twain, The Common Soldier in the Civil War, and I Hear America
- 10/13/13 - Books That Changed Our World, Appalachian Storytelling, Men of the
- 10/27/13 - Incredible Edibles & Traditional Medicinals, Things That Go
Bump In The Night, Humor & Stress
Hinton Hiking #17288 -
March 31 - April 5, May 26 - May 31, June 23 - June 28, July 21 - July 26,
September 15 - September 20, 2013
Lace up your hiking boots and
explore the scenic trails and natural wonders of the Southern Blue Ridge
Mountains in a small group with a hiking naturalist who reveals the wonders of
wildflowers and mountain life. Follow mountain streams and uncover hidden
waterfalls throughout the Nantahala National Forest and spend your evenings
immersed in tales of Appalachian folklore and natural history.