2010 Theme: Wanting to Heal and Be Healed (John 5:1-9) God has called us to be healers and our churches to be healing stations in a world torn apart. But what can we do to be faithful to this calling to be a healing presence in the world? As pastors we want to reach out and heal others, but we must also take care of ourselves in order to bring healing to others. How can we strike this balance? The Self-Care Covenant Workshop is an answer to this question.
Download and print theSelf-Care Covenant brochure (PDF).
Self-Care Covenant Workshops are interactive sessions where attendees can evaluate personal dimensions of health and well-being related to their daily life and work. The workshops, which are planned and led by trainers within the annual conferences, provide a structured opportunity for individuals to examine their current choices within the areas of:
* mental/emotional health,
* physical health,
* social health, and
* spiritual health.
During Self-Care Covenant Workshops, participants will:
* make the connections among spiritual, mental, social, and physical health.
* describe how Servant Leadership requires self-care.
* experience stress management techniques and learn how to say, "No."
* discuss recommendations for eating, physical activity, water, sleep and how to personally implement those recommendations.
* self-assess current health behaviors and choices.
* develop a self-care covenant with an accountability plan.
For information contact:
or Carl Arrington