June 23-28, 2013
multi-generational event of arts, praise, and renewal in the beautiful Smoky
Mountains, especially designed for those who want to sing, ring, dance, or act
all week, as well as for those who lead these ministries in local
congregations.Sponsored by the Fellowship of United Methodists in Music and
In a season of significant cultural change that reverberates through our personal lives as well as the Church, Christ continues to call us to live as citizens of the Kingdom. Rather than separating ourselves from the culture or adapting to the culture, what does it mean to live out the values of our baptismal identity? What does it mean to move through our days as God’s beloved who are partnering with Christ and each other to participate in God’s mission to redeem and restore this whole wonderful, wounded world? Through song, sermon, sacrament, movement and art, we will be grounded once again as God’s own people who have responded to Jesus’ call– “Come, follow me.”
- EXTRAORDINARY EVENT! "Praise God with Dance and Singing" on Monday night. Lift your spirit, body, and voice as some of our expert dancers lead us in an exciting evening of dance and praise. Guest praise band musicians led by Chuck Bell will engage our voices as we all lift our praise.
- Evening Prayer in the beautiful chapel at Lake Junaluska led by Mark Miller and our Young Adults
- D.R.U.M returns for older elementary children, led by James Wells.
- Choral Reading Sessions
- Organ recital by Andrew Henderson on the grand Casavant organ at First United Methodist Church, Waynesville
- Fully stocked music store by MusikInnovations
- Choral, Dance, Instrumental and Handbell concerts performed by event participants
- Youth Talent Show
information, visit their
website, e-mail MusicArtsWeek@FUMMWA.org or call
The Fellowship is a non-profit organization
whose mission is to create and support worship arts that lead to spiritual
growth and faith formation and relationships that lead to hospitality,
fellowship and nurture. The Fellowship is called to minister through creative
gifts to foster worship that makes disciples of Jesus Christ.