March 27th - March 30th, 2014
Faith, Health, and Peace: Seeking the Basic Right to Good Health for All God’s Children. The 2014 Peace Conference seeks to affirm the basic right to good health from the perspective of faith traditions, lift up “the leading causes of life,” and explore ways faith communities can combat the causes of poor health, such as disease, violence, and poverty.
- Dr. Christoph Benn, Director of External Relations and Partnerships Cluster for The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, Geneva Switzerland
- Dr. Gary Gunderson, Vice-President of Faith and Health Ministries at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, Winston-Salem, NC
- Dr. James Cochrane, Professor in the Dept. of Religious Studies and Senior Research Associate in the School of Public Health and Family Medicine at the University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Dr. Henry Perry, Founder of Andean Rural Health Care, and Senior Associate at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Bishop Hope Morgan Ward, Presiding Bishop of the Raleigh Area of The United Methodist Church.
The Lake Junaluska Peace Conference is an ongoing response to God’s call to peacemaking and reconciliation. Affirming the community of Abrahamic faiths, the Peace Conference seeks to work in partnership with Christians, Jews, Muslims, and members of other religious traditions to advance the work of reconciliation and peace.