The months of January-March are the most tranquil at Lake Junaluska - a perfect time for relaxing getaways to rejuvenate your body and soul. Stay at The Terrace Hotel and enjoy our many lakeside amenities, including the 3.8-mile trail perfect for winter strolls, birdwatching (including our beloved swans and bald eagles), or hit the slopes at nearby Cataloochee Ski Resort. Browse galleries and shops in nearby Waynesville and Maggie Valley. Tour the Biltmore House during a day trip to Asheville.
• Winner of the TripAdvisor 2020 Travelers' Choice Award, The Terrace Hotel is ranked in the Top 10 Percent of hotels worldwide. Find plenty of rocking chairs on the hotel's deck to enjoy the colorful lake and mountain views. Rates include hot breakfast at The Lakeside Bistro and access to many lakeside amenities. Read more about The Terrace.
• Want to enjoy a Valentine's getaway at the lake? Enjoy 20 percent off your stay at historic Lambuth Inn or The Terrace Hotel on Friday, Feb. 11, and Saturday, Feb. 12. Call 800-222-4930 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. and ask for the Valentine’s Weekend Lodging Special.
• Enjoy a special Valentine’s dinner buffet at historic Lambuth Inn on Feb. 12.
• Stay in a Vacation Home Rental, with a variety of options for all sizes of families. Read more.
• Walk our 3.8-mile Lakeside Trail, perfect for winter hikes with plenty of places along the way to stop and soak in the mountain views.
• Find many places for meditation and reflection as your start the new year.
• Watch wildlife including our beloved swans and bald eagles.
• Stop by Junaluska Gifts & Grounds for their signature winter drink to sip as you walk.
• Ski and snowboard at Cataloochee Ski Area, located just 12 miles away from Lake Junaluska. Go to our Ski Trips Guide for much more information.
• Explore the longtime mountain resort town of Maggie Valley with several miles of local shops, restaurants and things to do. It’s just a few miles from the hotel.
• Stroll the historic Main Street of downtown Waynesville filled with galleries, boutiques, restaurants and Mast General Store. It’s just 4 miles away.
Come and experience all that Lake Junaluska has to offer when the snow starts to fall. Stay at The Terrace Hotel or Lambuth Inn and save 15 percent when you book a 3-night stay or 20 percent when you book a 4-night stay through the end of the year! Call our reservations team at 800-222-4930 to book your 3- or 4-night stay!